WE ARE HIRING
SRHM is seeking to appoint a Managing Editor to provide overall co-ordination of SRHM’s publication activities, working with the editor in chief to manage the scheduling, content and structure of the journal and reinforcing the links between the journal and wider SRHM activities.
Appointment & Term
The post will commence on the 16th September 2019. Appointments will be made for one year initially, with a view to a longer term. The candidate will work from home and should be able to travel independently to attend meetings.
SRHM will consider knowledge and experience in the SRHR field and competing interests. SRHM aspires to diversity among editors, as well as a balance with regard to gender, areas of expertise and geographical affiliation of members.
Time commitment: 60%
Remuneration: Salary scale commensurate with experience
Experience & Skills
- Graduate degree in relevant area (e.g. business, English, life or social sciences, journalism)
- Additional degree/experience in the area of sexual and reproductive health and rights and/or public health
- Understanding of the academic publishing process, with scientific/technical editorial experience
- Computer and internet literacy
- Organisational and interpersonal skills
- Administrative experience
- At least 5 years relevant work experience
Detailed terms of reference available on request.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 August 2019. Please include a detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter indicating why you are applying for the post and highlighting key attributes that fulfil the terms of reference. Interviews will be held from 2 – 6 September 2019.